Permanent residency refers to a person's visa status: the person is allowed to reside indefinitely within a country of which he or she is not a citizen. A person with such status is known as a permanent resident.
Posts about Residency
  • Rhode Island Family Court: The Basics

    … of alimony, child support, property, and the custody of the children. Furthermore, the court oversees premarital agreements, same-sex agreements, and partner agreements to protect assets and children. Also, the Family Court oversees matters regarding children who are delinquent or wayward. They may also see cases involving children that are neglected…

    The Law Office of Jeremy Howe- 17 readers -
  • DOJ Investigating Standard Chartered – FCPA Whistleblower Post

    … bribes being made to foreign government officials, give us a call. All inquiries are subject to the attorney – client privilege and kept confidential. Worried that you are not eligible because you are not a U.S. citizen? Don’t be. The SEC pays awards regardless of citizenship or residency. For more information, contact attorney Brian Mahany at *protected email* or by telephone at (414) 704-6731 (direct). MahanyLaw – America’s FCPA Whistleblower Lawyers …

    Due Diligence- 32 readers -
  • Whistleblower Gets $500,000+ in Medicare Patient Referral Scheme

    …! Digging more, Gonzalez found that one patient was transferred back and forth to the same hospital 11 times in 6 years. He says that patient served “as a commodity for Defendants upon which they can collect large, unwarranted payments. The residency of this patient was for no other reason than to bring in revenue for [Westlake], despite the fact…

    Due Diligence- 9 readers -
  • Green Card Based on Marriage

    … visit where you can use the field office locator to find your closest USCIS office. What is a “Stokes Interview?” A “Stokes Interview” is scheduled when a married couple fails to convince the immigration officer at the initial interview that the marriage was a bona fide marriage and not entered into, merely for immigration purposes…

    Michael G. Murray/ Miami Immigration Lawyer- 12 readers -
  • You’ve Got Your Green Card (Here’s How to Keep It)

    … country your permanent home, you might be giving up your U.S. residency when you go. If you try coming back to the U.S., the border officials will look at your behavior for signals that your real place of residence has not been the United States. If you have a green card and leave the United States for more than one year, you may have difficulty…

    Michael G. Murray/ Miami Immigration Lawyer- 17 readers -
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Extended for Honduras

    … on an immigrant petition Applying for any other immigration benefit or protection for which you may be eligible If you have any questions in regard to obtaining a green card in Miami, or about obtaining your permanent residency, you may want to consult with a green card lawyer in Miami to discuss your options. I am a Honduran national who may…

    Michael G. Murray/ Miami Immigration Lawyer- 9 readers -
  • EB-5 Investor Program Shake-up?

    … by giving foreign businesspeople a pathway to permanent residency and eventual citizenship in exchange for a significant investment, in the form of a business venture. The program has grown in the ensuing decades but not without controversy, including numerous allegations of fraud and other impropriety – leading to several overhauls in that time…

    Prince Law Offices, P.C.- 15 readers -
  • Repealing the Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)

    … The Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA) has had long lasting effects on certain parts of the United States. Today, Miami, Florida is home to the largest Cuban population in the United States. Of particular interest, not just to Miami immigration lawyers, but also the Miami community, is the news that Cuban Adjustment Act may finally be dismantled…

    Michael G. Murray/ Miami Immigration Lawyer- 16 readers -
Get the top posts daily into your mailbox!
See more
Adjustment Of Status (Aos) Advance Parole Aliens Alimony Ashevilla Immigration Attorney Asheville Immigration Lawyer Bank Blog Bona Fide Marriage California Child Support Citizenship Conditional Residency Congress Convictions Crime Cuba Denial Denver Immigration Attorney Denver Immigration Lawyer Deportation Deportations Derivative Citizenship Divorce Domestic Violence Family Court Family Law Family Based Petition Family Based Petitions Fbi Fiance Visa Fiancee Visa Fide Florida Florida Immigration Florida Immigration Attorney Florida Immigration Lawyer Florida Supreme Court Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Form I 130 Form I 485 Form I 751 Fraud Recovery Green Card Green Card Holder Green Card Miami Green Cards H 1b Visas Honduras Immigrant Petition Immigration Court Immigration Fraud Immigration Law Immigration Law Miami Immigration Lawyer Miami Immigration Reform Job K 1 Marriage Marriage Fraud Marriage Interview Marriage Petition Medi Cal Medicaid Medicare Fraud Miami Miami Green Card Lawyer Miami Immigration Miami Immigration Attorney Miami Immigration Law Firm Miami Immigration Lawyer Miami Dade County Nationality Naturlization New York Times Obama Administration Obergefell V. Hodges Order Of Removal Permanent Residence Permanent Residency Portland Immigration Attorney Portland Immigration Lawyer President Trump Removal Of Conditions Removal Proceedings Same Sex Marriage Same Sex Marriage Special Immigrant Juvenile Supreme Court Temporary Protected Status Temporary Protected Status (Tps) Tps Treason U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services U.S. Supreme Court United States Citizen United States V. Windsor Us Citizenship Visa Whistleblowers
More from around the web