9-1-1

9-1-1 is the emergency telephone number for the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), one of eight N11 codes. This number is intended for use in emergency circumstances only, and to use it for any other purpose (such as prank calls) can be a crime. In over 98 percent of locations in the United States and Canada, dialing "9-1-1" from any telephone will link the caller to an emergency dispatch center—called a PSAP, or Public Safety Answering Point, by the telecom industry—which can send emergency responders to the caller's location in an emergency. In approximately 96 percent of the US, the Enhanced 911 system automatically pairs caller numbers with a physical address.
Posts about 9-1-1
  • Car Accidents on Central Expressway (Highway 75)

…Injured in a car accident on Central Expressway in Dallas? Central Expressway (AKA Highway 75) sees more than its fair share of car accidents. If you’ve been injured in a crash on Highway 75, we can help you with your claim for no out of pocket costs. Call us today at 1-877-405-4313. If you are involved in a car accident on Central Expressway…

Jeff Rasansky/ Rasansky Law Firm- 21 readers -
  • Pileup Car Accidents

… to insurance without first consulting with a lawyer, as you could end up inadvertently harming your case. Remember that a recorded statement is for their benefit, not yours. Given the complex nature of these type of auto accidents, it is important to at least discuss your options with a Dallas car accident attorney as early as possible. If you’d like…

Jeff Rasansky/ Rasansky Law Firm- 22 readers -
  • 2015 Staver Law Group Personal Injury Scholarship Winner

… outside of my car, hands trembling, trying to dial 9-1-1. A man had rear-ended me, and his car had been traveling between 40 to 50 miles per hour. I was diagnosed with having a concussion, and since that day, I have suffered from the inability to concentrate, memory loss, severe headaches, neck pain, dizziness, vision problems, jaw pain, and weakness…

Jared Staver/ Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer- 32 readers -