50 Cent

• Celebrity Bankruptcy: Where Are They Now?

… of $5 million dollars for his involvement in the dissemination of a sex tape, the rapper filed for protection under Chapter 11 in Connecticut. “Fiddy” was sued by Lastonia Leviston for the infliction of emotional distress for his role in providing a crude commentary soundtrack for the sex tape at issue which featured Ms. Leviston. As if that were…

Bond and Botes- 29 readers -
  • 50 Cent: Mo Money, Mo Problems?

… to bankruptcy court to explain his recent actions. The Notorious B.I.G. may have written the song “Mo Money, Mo Problems”, but it certainly appears appropriate for Kanye West and now Curtis Jackson, aka 50 cent. Mr. Jackson filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July of 2015 after a series of very bad personal and business decisions led to several…

Cynthia Lawson/ Bond and Botes- 40 readers -
  • Do You Owe Back Income Taxes?

… A five million dollar judgment would most likely be a large enough debt to send someone into bankruptcy, but not necessarily someone like Curtis Jackson, AKA 50 Cent, the rapper reportedly worth $155 million dollars. However, the bigger issue for him was owing back taxes. Most tax issues that force someone into bankruptcy are a result of more…

Robert Reese/ Bond and Botes- 41 readers -
  • 50 Cent in One Hand and Half a Dollar . . .

… more than they made. Now, I can see how that happened during the bull market that led up to the financial crisis that seems so long ago (2008). I can be a bit biased in my opinion, but I’ll be the first to admit when someone should not file for bankruptcy protection. It seems perfectly understandable when a celebrity like 50 Cent files…

Christine Kingston/ Los Angeles Bankruptcy Law Monitor- 35 readers -
  • 50 Cent Files for Bankruptcy Protection

… 50 Cent Files for Bankruptcy Protection Posted on Jul 29, 2015 By Carla Handy July 29, 2015 by Carla Handy After a jury in New York City found 50 Cent, aka Curtis Jackson III, liable to the tune of $5 million dollars for his involvement in the dissemination of a sex tape, the rapper has filed for protection under Chapter 11 in Connecticut…

Bond and Botes- 39 readers -